Sunday, September 3, 2017

"I know what you've got. But I'm going to call anyway"

This afternoon shortly after I sat down I received two Aces on the button. Always a nice feeling to get this hand preflop. Then the Under The Gun player (UTG), first to act, open  raised to $50. With the blinds at $1/3 this was a vast over-raise. Most big raises first in are of the order of $25. The action folded around to me.  I decided to shove and announced "All In". The UTG player, an older guy who tends to play tight looked at me and said "I know what you have. But I'm going to call anyway". He had a pair of Kings. The board ran out kindly for me until the river when a King landed to give him a set and the winning hand.  He then said "I knew what you had. I just got lucky enough to be hit on the dick by the card fairy...."

No comments:

Post a Comment