April 10th 1982. A significant date for me. Thirty four years later on April 10th 2016 I chose to have a day to myself and to stay away from the Casino. April 10th will remain a significant anniversary for the rest of my life. It is the day I met my ex and the mother of my kids. A great lady. Unfortunately our relationship has ended and I'm now in Melbourne and she is in Auckland. It was a good choice to have the day to myself.
This AirBnb has been a major lucky break. The people living here have been away for my entire stay and I'll exit on Thursday without having met them. So, on a day when I knew I wouldn't be much chop at poker, I chose to spend it in an apartment in Brunswick with Miffy the apartment cat. Miffy, I was told by the neighbour when I was let in, was meant to be an unsociable cat. Well Miffy might be a bit odd, but it seems if you treat her with the right amount of indifference she will allow you to pet her. And purr. And show you how she quite likes to drink from the tap in the bath. After about 5 days I have been able to progress to petting her quite vigorously and see her fall over in ecstasy clawing at the carpet. So much for an unsociable cat.
It has just gone 02:45 am local time and I'm currently sitting at 103rd out of 121 remaining in the nightly $8.80 bounty builder. With 3,686 runners and a kickoff time of 22:15 AEST, possibly not the wisest choice of tournament to enter. Especially if I had plans for Wednesday. Which I sort of did but those plans are now being reworked by a slightly fuzzy brain. While I am deep in the tournament I have only knocked out one runner... So far.
While making this run I've watched an excellent program discussing sex and disability. The program ran on the SBS Australia network and is available via itunes at https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/insight/id251153372 . It is a bonus to me that I've discovered I can subscribe to the Insight program via itunes. The folk that make the Insight documentaries / panel discussions seem to be excellent researchers and presenters and get a good cross-section of people to discuss different issues
Andrew Denton's podcast series, Better Off Dead, continues to be a real treat whenever a new episode is released. With 16 episodes published so far, I believe there is maybe one more episode in the pipeline and then I'll have to find some other mega brained journalist who can produce well balanced and excellently researched programs. Somehow I managed to meander into watching some vintage Denton when he had the Doug Anthony All Stars on as guests to his mid-2000's program. Which then led me into, eventually, purchasing an ebook for #2 son. The Cheeky Monkey: Writing Narrative Comedy by Tim Ferguson
Now 91st out of 99 and it's 3:07....
In the BB with KJo and folded around to SB who shoved. I called with my short stack and turned a straight for a double up to 21 BB (about 63k). Now 64th of 85 remaining. There is one player remaining who hasn't knocked anyone out and their bounty is sitting at $4. Mine is at $6. And the player who has the biggest bounty has a bounty of $141 on their heads. Anyone who knocks them out gets half paid into their account and the other half is added on to their bounty.
Just open-raised AsQs in Cutoff with 17BB and folded to a shove by Button and a reshove by SB. SB turned up with QQ and Button had KdTd. Both hands would have beaten me as KT rivered a ten but lost to the SB's pocket Queens. Perhaps a tight fold. From a results orientation, in this case, a good one.
And just doubled up with JJ > 77. I had 13BB and the guy with the 77 hand had 47BB. He tanked and ran down his time bank all the way before calling...
Being tired just led to a mistake. Folded to me in SB where I had K7o and 26BB. BB had 8BB. Should have been an auto shove in the hope of stealing the blinds or winning the BB bounty and I folded....D'oh
03:37am getting pretty short stacked now and 46th of 60. Everyone from about 40th is pretty much in shove / fold mode as the blinds and antes relative to the stacks are so big now. The main reason for this blog post is to keep me a little bit more thoughtful about the situation.
03:52 41st of 45 and have just gone through a pay jump. Still small potatoes in the scheme of things. For this pay level guaranteed $49. Dang. I've just been given another walk. Second walk in last three orbits. And I've stolen the blinds once with a shove with AK suited on the button
03:55 and then I get AA in MP with UTG shoving.... He has AQo and the board is friendly to me. Second player knocked out and his bounty was $44. So I get $22 of that into my account and $22 added to my bounty. Yahoo! He only had 6BB and I am now at around 22BB and 32nd out of 42.
04:20 Woke up with KK in MP and raised to 2X. SB woke up with QQ and a short stack. Board was friendly to my KK. Though I was worried about a chop on the turn when the 4th spade landed. Neither of us had spades. The 5th card was a brick and another bounty was mine. This time my account increased by $43 and my bounty went up by $43. Now 19th of 32.
04:33 16th of 27 and just moved into a new payout level. Now guaranteed $62 if you bust. If I bust at this level and take home another $62 then I'll have made more from bounties than the money for busting at this level. So far $68 from bounties have been banked to my account.
04:45 woke up with QQ in BB and 35BB. UTG+1 has 70BB and open-limps. MP shoves for 11BB. I reshove and UTG+1 calls with AKo. I flop a set. UTG+1 flops two pair. He doesn't improve. And I take the bounty for MP. I bank a bit under $15 and my bounty increases by the same to around $87. Now 7th out of 20.
04:55 break time and now 8th out of 18 with 50BB and into a new payout level. Busting at this level will increase my bankroll by a touch over $79. So at a minimum this tournament will give me a kick of over $160
Blinds are 12,000/6000 with an ante of 1,800. My stack is 598,600.
05:11 three quick bustouts and we are down to 15 players and into a new payout level of $101.
05:21 and busto in 11th Folded to SB who shoved with A10o. I called with AQo. He ran out a straight on the turn. Flop 789 to give him an open ended straight draw and turn was the jack.... No miracle 10 on the river. $129 for 11th plus 84 in bounties. Off to bed
No comments:
Post a Comment